Consumers are individuals who purchase goods and services for personal use. It’s a person or organization that uses a commodity or service. Consumers come in all different ways. There are loyal customers who make up the bedrock of businesses. Impulse shoppers who simply browse for products and services with no specific purchasing goal in place. There are bargain hunters who buy anything and can’t turn up a good deal. There are Wandering Consumers who enjoy just looking at things they COULD (or maybe can’t afford) to buy and finally there are Need-Based Consumers…those who buy when they actually need something. Another word for consumer often turns out to be “customer”.
Regardless of what type of consumer you are, consumers often require protection.
Lawyers at RICK STOCK LAW can assist with a wide range of situations, including:
- A debt collector who won’t leave you alone
- A creditor reporting incorrect information on your credit report
- A company breaking a contract you had with it (often for a purchase or warranty situation)
- A collection company who is deceiving you (misrepresenting the amount owed for example)
- A collection company who is threatening you (You can’t actually go to jail for not paying a debt)
- A company who advertises a product or service falsely
- A consumer who is injured by an unsafe product (link to product defect PI page)
- Issues occurring while a bankruptcy is pending or after a bankruptcy is complete (link to general bankruptcy page)
- Problems with understanding contracts (whether it be student loan contracts, unfair contracts, or contracts are missing important terms)
- Deceptive advertising
- Representing you at a hearing against a debt collector or creditor (link Debt defense subpage)
- Assistance with filing Complaints through the Pennsylvania Attorney General’s Office.
- Debt Verification
- Contact Modification
- Lemon Law situations
Attorneys at RICK STOCK LAW have knowledge in credit-related laws (Fair Credit Reporting Act Fair Debt Collection Practices At, Credit Repair Organization Act, and the Fair Credit Billing Act) and experience in dealing with the credit bureaus, debt collectors, and other entities and can assist you with your journey to financial freedom.