484-272-5133 ext 1
The profession of law commits us to the resolution of disputes according to a system of public values. We have lots of other ways of resolving disputes. There’s force—let the strongest win. There’s the market—which often boils down to letting the person with the most money win. And finally there’s law—a system of rules that gives the underdog a fighting chance to win.
Prior to attending law school, Attorney Rick worked primarily in sales. From selling Cutco knives door to door, to selling cell phones and then computers, Chad has done it all. The next logical step in his career was going to law school where he could sell to judges and juries, which drove him to the practice of law. Attorney Rick started working in the legal field as a file clerk for Jones, Walker, Waechter, Poitevent, Carrère & Denègre LLP, a large, widely-known law firm in New Orleans, Louisiana in 2006. During law school, he began working with Usry, Weeks & Matthews A.P.L.C. up until he graduated from Loyola University, College of Law in New Orleans, Louisiana. While in law school, Attorney Rick was a member of the Entertainment Law Journal and focused his studies on Intellectual Property, Mediation and Arbitration & Entertainment Law.
In 2009, he was blessed with the opportunity to work for a small solo practice in his home community of Pottstown honing his litigation skills while also working as a Special Assistant Public Defender with the Montgomery County Public Defender's office. He was later recruited to work at a well-established law firm in Reading, PA known as Roland Stock where he developed a successful family law practice and worked on personal injury and medical malpractice matters. In December of 2013, Attorney Rick returned to his home community, Pottstown, and founded RICK | LINN, LLC. Interestingly enough, in 2019, Rick Linn and Roland Stock came together and formed Rick Stock Law.
Attorney Rick is a member of the State Bar of Pennsylvania and is admitted to practice in the United States District Courts for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of Pennsylvania. Attorney Rick has tried cases in state court, before administrative agencies, and before arbitration panels. He regularly appears before the local magisterial district courts as well as the Montgomery, Berks, and Chester County Courts of Common Pleas. Attorney Rick is also admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of the United States. Chad previously volunteered for several years with the VITA organization, a pro bono program that offered free tax preparation to low income families. He presently serves as the President of his homeowner's association, solicitor of several churches, and volunteers as the Judge of Elections in his local community.
Chad has been named to the prestigious "Top 40 under 40" by the American Society of Legal Advocates and has been recognized as a Who's Who Top Attorney of North America from 2018 - 2020. He has been recognized as a Rising Star by Super Lawyers in both 2019 and 2020. Chad has presented Estate Planning and Trust seminars to numerous large corporations and frequently presents at senior health and wellness events across several counties. When he is not working (which is rare), he enjoys spending time with his wife and two children and taking trips back to New Orleans and Nashville.
Current Employment Positions:
- Managing Partner
- Estate Planning Probate/Administration
- Personal Injury
- Family Law (Divorce, Custody, Support, Equitable Distribution)
- Business Corporations & Formations
- Property Assessment Appeals
- Montgomery County Bar Association, Member of Young Lawyer Section, Family Law Section and Criminal Law Section
- Berks County Bar Association, Member of the Pro Bono and Modest Means, Entertainment, Technology, and Civil Rules Committees
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Young Lawyer Division
- American Bar Association, Arbitration Panelist, Montgomery County & Berks County
- Notary Public
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- Berks County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Stars of Tomorrow Cabaret, Board Member
- Douglass Township, Elected Auditor
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania
- Top 40 Under 40 Attorney - American Society of Legal Advocates
- Top Attorneys of North America, 2018-2020
- “Superb” 10/10 rating on Avvo
- Super Lawyers, 2020
- Rising Stars, 2019-2020
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- Drexel University
- Major: Management Information Systems/Business Administration