Effective Assistance With Your Social Security Disability Claim
The Social Security Administration sets the conditions for qualifying for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) benefits. To navigate these waters, it’s best to have an attorney. It is not always just about having the proper documentation but also knowing the way that it should be presented to the fact finder or the individual who will ultimately make the decision whether you qualify. If you have a case or want to learn more about your options, contact the attorneys at Rick Stock Law today.
Qualifying For Disability Benefits Can Be A Challenge, But We Can Help
Social Security benefits are not provided to those who only have a partial or short-term issue. As an adult, to be eligible for Social Security Disability benefits, you must meet all the requirements listed below:
- You must be under the current retirement age
- You must have worked long enough to be covered by Social Security
- You must have a “qualifying disability”
- You must have a disability that will last at least a year or reasonably result in death
- You must have acquired an appropriate number of work credits
- You must have paid FICA taxes for five of the last 10 years
We have assisted clients with:
- Disability hearings
- Explaining benefits eligibility
- Differentiating between Social Security Disability and Social Security Income and determining eligibility for both
- Compassionate Allowances
The SSDI system is complex on purpose. The government wants to ensure that it is not abused. However, this complexity can and does prevent deserving Americans from gaining access to benefits. This is why it is important to work with an experienced attorney.
Talk To Us About Your Options For Free
Our attorneys are ready to help you apply for Social Security Disability benefits or appeal an adverse decision. To get started with a free consultation, call us at 610-850-9036 or submit an online contact form.